Based loosely on my husband’s many years attending Comic Con, the story celebrates the many wonderful characters I met as I helped Dale at over a decade’s worth of shows.
This was my first short story paycheck. This magazine is edited by Janet Hutchings.
I edited and published Low Down Dirty Vote, a collection of crime fiction. Eleven talented authors broke out of their comfort zones and produced varied and fascinating stories around the theme “fighting voter suppression.” 100% of sales contributed to the ACLU Foundation and earmarked to help them fight voter suppression. We raised $5,000 and created unique crime fiction in nearly every voice, tone, and sub-genre from noir to humorous.
You can buy this book from all the regular outlets, and we’ll keep donating the sales until voter suppression is defeated.
Around September 2019, my new short story will be in Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. It’s my first in this fabulous magazine edited by Linda Landrigan.
Finally, I just sold another story–details when I’m allowed to say!
I’ve been lucky to place stories in anthologies that support local writing organizations:
- “Inside Job” in the second Guppies anthology Fish Nets (Sisters in Crime chapter of pre-published writers) published in 2013. The Guppies chapter is incredibly supportive of writers and I recommend it to anyone who needs a community of writers.
- “Something Shiny” in Switchback Issue 4, 2005, the University of San Francisco MFA in Writing program’s literary magazine. It was an experiment in form and works best when read aloud. This story was also published in he San Francisco Writer’s Conference first anthology, Building Bridges from Readers to Writers in 2006.
- An excerpt from novel Daughter of the Wind was published in the 2005 Todd Point Review, a collection of winning entries from the Mendocino Coast Writers Conference contest.
- 2006 East of Eden Writers Conference, awards for screenplay and novel
- 2005 Mendocino Coast Writers Conference, Finalist in short fiction and novel categories
- 2004 Santa Fe Screenwriting Conference Actors’ Choice Award Winner, June 2004
- 2002 Santa Fe Screenwriting Conference Actors’ Choice Award Winner, October 2002
- 2001 Mendocino Coast Writers Conference, Finalist in fiction category
- 1999 aGLFF award winner, “St. John.”
- 1998 UC Irvine Extension Screenwriting award, “St. John.”
- 1998 Semi-finalist Maui Screenwriting award, “St. John.”
- 1998 CineWomen short scene competition, “St. John.”
- 1996 Wordsmyth screenwriting competition for feature “Colorado Story.”
- 1995 Nevada State Screenplay Competition for feature “Crescent Peak.”
Technical Writing Awards
- Winner, STC 2008 API Guide for Salesforce
- Winner, STC 2002 installation guide for Hyperion